From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: X11 crashes anyone?
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 10:36:42
1 On 20/12/2021 09:10, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Has anyone here noticed that x.org likes to crash sometimes as of late?
3 > Never happened before, going years and years back. The last month or so,
4 > I've got three x.org crashes:
5 >
6 > systemd-coredump[204553]: [🡕] Process 453 (X) of user 0 dumped core.
7
8 So half a year later and I was still getting these crashes. I found the
9 possible issue. More and more people started having the same crashes as
10 different distros were updating their X11 stuff. It seems the issue is this:
11
12 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/issues/1261
13
14 A patch was merged in xorg upstream about 4 months ago:
15
16 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/865
17
18 Downloadable diff:
19
20 https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/-/merge_requests/865.diff
21
22 This patch is not carried in portage. I copied it to
23 /etc/portage/patches/x11-base/xorg-server/ and rebuilt xorg-server three
24 days ago, and I haven't had any more crashes.
25
26 Fingers crossed...