From: Mike Myers <fluffymikey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] dvdrip help
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 21:44:37
1 Hey everybody!
2
3 I'm trying to find something that I can use to rip and then remake
4 DVDs. I have some japanese dvds that won't play on almost any regular
5 dvd players because of the stupid region thing. K3b didn't seem to have
6 anything for doing that, so I tried dvdrip/dvd::rip. Whenever I run
7 dvdrip, it just goes to the next line and says "[filterlist]
8 (re)scanning transcode's module path /usr/lib/transcode..." and sits
9 there for as long as I let it without actually doing anything. I can't
10 seem to find anything to skip that process or anything.
11
12 Can somebody please recommend another tool or show me how to fix
13 dvdrip? I'd really like to watch these dvds from something other than
14 my laptop.
15
16 Thanks a lot in advance,
17 Mikey