From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Getting rid of all kde components
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:50:34
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> I'm pretty sure at least some of this doesn't actually depend on
4 >> kde-base/arts but not quite sure what to make of the output.
5 >
6 > You have it the wrong way round. Those packages do not depend on
7 > arts, instead arts depends on them. They are needed to either run or
8 > to build arts.
9
10 Egad, of course. And I've used several of the depends commands for
11 quite some time now yet every once in a while I get to thinking
12 backwards with it.
13
14 Thanks for the friendly nudge instead of a nasty whack with a 2x4.