From: Alexey Melezhik <melezhik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage for chef-0.10.0
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 07:26:39
1 yeah, gem is okay, but portage is more proper way for our admins (((:
2
3 kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net> писал(а) в своём письме Tue, 28 Jun
4 2011 20:33:07 +0400:
5
6 > On 6/28/2011 5:00 AM, Alexey Melezhik wrote:
7 >> Current chef-client portage is only for version 0.9.12 (according to
8 >> http://packages.gentoo.org/package/app-admin/chef), while version 0.10.0
9 >> of chef was released at May, 02. When portage for chef-client, version
10 >> 0.10.0 will be ready?
11 >>
12 >> Thank you.
15 > As the others have pointed out it's coming, but in the short term you
16 > can always gem install directly and continue to use the init scripts
17 > that shipped with the portage package. I do the same on Ubuntu w/ Puppet.
18 >
19 > kashani
20 >