From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ebuild: How to deal with external repositories properly (best practise)?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 10:01:15
1 On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 06:47:50 +0200, Ramon Fischer wrote:
2
3 > I have set up my first ebuild repository[1] with one package
4 > "x11-misc/drm_master_util" to run "X" without root privileges. I am
5 > still making it to work[2]. The ebuild file accesses an external git
6 > repository[3].
7 >
8 > The thing I am concerned about, is, that I am pulling something from an
9 > external source, which I am installing on my system and giving it root
10 > privileges[4].
11
12 Isn't that the case with any software you install? If your concern is
13 that you are pulling from a git repository, so the code could change at
14 any minute, you can use the git eclass to pull a specified branch or
15 commit, so you know what you are getting.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Anything is possible if you don't know what
22 you are talking about.