From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: i7-6700, anyone already?
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2015 21:25:11
1 Am 2015-12-09 um 21:42 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 > Did you get an SSD as well?
4
5 sure. I even look for the PCIe variant (just contacted my dealer for
6 this option ... forgot in the first place).
7
8 I am on SSDs for years now on desktop and laptops.
9
10 > It's one of the biggest performance improvements you can make[1] and to
11 > be honest is worth more overall than expensive CPUs.
12 >
13 > [1] The other huge improvement is another 8G of RAM and make
14 > /var/tmp/portage a tmpfs with default settings (it will use up to 8G RAM
15 > on demand). Everything you build will fit, including firefox and libreoffice
16
17 I have that right now, yes.
18
19 The RAM was out of stock there so I ordered the 8g-default and will add
20 more later.