From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sshfs issue
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:42:33
1 On Thursday 28 February 2008 04:58:32 pm ionut cucu wrote:
2 > On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:51:59 -0500
3 >
4 > Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 > > On Thursday 28 February 2008 04:19:22 pm ionut cucu wrote:
6 > > > I'm running sshfs very often and I've noticed the following issue:
7 > > > whenever the hub/swich(what ever is that keeping my lan together)
8 > > > suddenly stops working while I'm using sshfs my computer crashes,
9 > > > or if I;m lucky enough I get to do an umount before everything
10 > > > falls. Is there any way to prevent this?
11 > > > Also since this is a lan is there a null encryption algorithm I
12 > > > could use to speed things up a bit? Or lower the CPU usage?
13 > > > Thanks!
14 > >
15 > > Dude... time for a new switch...
16 >
17 > Yeah well it's a campus *(1) switch, the campus's *(2) lan, the
18 > campus's *(3) gateway....so on so forth till the A class IP so I can do
19 > nothing about it
20 >
21 > Note *(1) to *(2) are ugly words and shouldn't be used around children
22
23 Hmmm no help....
24
25 How about this?
26
27 http://fuse.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/SshfsFaq
28
29 Has a section concerning "locking up"...
30
31 Also... how about reporting a bug to the developer?
32 Send bug reports to fuse-sshfs@×××××××××××××××××.net.
35 I just glossed over the documentation and saw no mention of a null encryption
36 engine. If you are willing to use no encryption... maybe you should try
37 another transport protocol... NFS works well.
38
39 Also sshfs runs via the FUSE architecture.... Not well know for performance,
40 more for "as a means to an end" and it runs slow too.
41
42 Cheers.
54 From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride
55 --