From: gottlieb@×××.edu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd - are we forced to switch?
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:31:23
1 On Tue, Jul 23 2013, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > I wouldn't stress about it too much, your choice is do you want to use
4 > Gnome3 or not? And then just use whatever Gnome3 gives as *that* part
5 > you don't have a choice about.
6
7 Very clearly stated. Thanks.
8
9 Currently I have gnome-base/gnome-3.6.2 with consolekit and no systemd
10
11 Since I wish to continue with Gnome3, I gather that at some point I will
12 be reversing the above (consolekit out; systemd in).
13
14 I was planning to wait for the devs to publish a conversion guide.
15 Is there a compelling reason to switch now?
16
17 thanks,
18 allan