From: Neil Walker <neil@×××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD vs. Intel on Gentoo?
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 23:05:28
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > price/performance still favours AMD.
5 How on earth do you justify that statement? I am an AMD fan and have
6 been since the 486/133 (was a Cyrix fan before then) but I can certainly
7 tell you that the performance of the Intel Q6600 makes the AMD Phenom
8 7600 look decidedly pathetic and the Intel is cheaper - at least where
9 I shop. I have both so I am talking from practical experience. I have an
10 AMD Phenom 7500 sitting on the floor behind me which isn't even worth
11 sticking in a motherboard. Another Intel Q6600 arrives on Tuesday. I
12 really hope AMD get their lead back but they are struggling at the
13 moment. :(
16 Be lucky,
17
18 Neil
22 This message has been scanned for viruses and
23 dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
24 believed to be clean.
28 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list