From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and LUKS
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 16:16:09
1 On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 6:46 AM, Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hey list
3 >
4 > after the many discussions here about systemd I had a flash of
5 > objectivity (“Who cares if people rant about Lennart, the concept seems
6 > sound and I don’t care about separate /usr”). So I wanted to try systemd
7 > on my netbook.
8 >
9 > I cloned the / partition from sda2 to sda7 and chrooted into it. In
10 > there I followed the systemd Gentoo wiki¹, i.e. I configured the kernel,
11 > installed systemd, added "-consolekit systemd" to my use flags, rebuilt
12 > world with --new-use and added init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd to the
13 > kernel cmdline.
14 >
15 > Rebooting works until the point of mounting /home, which is a LUKS
16 > container. I get the message:
17 > "A start job is running for dev-mapper-home.service"
18 > and eventually a timeout and prompt for root password or Ctrl-D.
19 >
20 > The wiki references a bug report that /etc/crypttab was ignored. Well, I
21 > didn’t have one, but apparently my old crypt setup was heeded (because
22 > systemd knew that I wanted sda5 mounted as home).
23
24 Mmmh. I don't use LUKS, but from what I understand, systemd generates
25 the unit files necessary to mount encrypted partitions, and to do this
26 it needs /etc/crypttab, in the same manner that it needs /etc/fstab to
27 generate the unit files for the normal partitions.
28
29 http://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd-cryptsetup-generator.html
30
31 > I tried researching the problem. One I found was a Gentoo forum thread
32 > about LVM. I found out that I was missing CONFIG_DM_UEVENT. But enabling
33 > it didn’t help either. I found files in the partition’s /dev directory,
34 > which hinted that DEVTMPFS_MOUNT was not set. But I don’t suppose that’s
35 > really a problem.
36
37 I would add it anyway.
38
39 > Does any of you have experience with this combination and would like to
40 > share it? Thanks.
41 >
42 > ¹ http://gentoo-en.vfose.ru/wiki/Systemd
46 > On a sidenote, for some reason, grub2 doesn’t find the kernel if I keep
47 > the menuentry’s search commands which are created by grub2-mkconfig.
48 > Only if I remove all the search --uuid...yadda yadda..., the entry
49 > boots.
50 > The boot partition (where the grub files lie) is still my normal / on
51 > sda2. It then boots the systemd installation on sda7 which was detected
52 > by os_prober.
53
54 Are you sure it's not under the "advanced" submenu?
55
56 One question: how is the /etc/fstab file in the systemd installation?
57
58 Regards.
59 --
60 Canek Peláez Valdés