From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} "make uninstall" with no rule
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:09:51
1 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I'm just now learning how to compile and install manually. I
4 > installed makemkv-1.4.1 manually and now I found an ebuild so I'd like
5 > to install the latest version via the ebuild, but I get:
6 >
7 > # make uninstall
8 > make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.
9 >
10 > The makefile doesn't mention uninstall. Should I just install over
11 > the current installation via the ebuild? Is there any way to do this
12 > cleanly?
13
14 When I've wanted to remove manually built packages... I've rerun
15 make install like this:
16
17 make install >../<package>_install.log 2>&1
18
19 Then from the install log you can see what has been installed and
20 remove it by hand.