From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New monitor problems. < sighs >
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:40:52
1 Pintér Tibor wrote:
2 >
3 > how about just checking the bloody Xorg logs to see what could have gone
4 > wrong? (/var/log/Xorg.0.log)
9 That's where the errors came from that I posted in my first post. Here
10 is the results of the latest test. I shut down the rig and unplugged
11 the rig and monitor. Glad to see the monitor switched back to English
12 too. It was Chinese or something. Anyway. Before the shutdown, I
13 rebuilt the kernel, re-emerged the nvidia drivers and did a manual
14 switch on opengl to nvidia. I let the rig sit there unplugged for about
15 30 minutes. I then booted it up. BIOS came up, I saw the services
16 scroll up then it switched to vt7 and gave me a blinking cursor. It
17 just sat there.
18
19 I'm attaching both the new just tried xorg.conf and the xorg.log file.
20 No grep or anything this time.
21
22 Let me know if you see anything fishy or that needs changing.
23
24 Thanks.
25
26 Dale