From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: separate / and /usr to require initramfs 2013-11-01
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 10:21:39
1 On Sun, 29 Sep 2013 02:06:34 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > for /usr being in an LVM or encrypted partition, you need LVM and/or
4 > decryption running first.
5
6 Why would you want /usr encrypted but not /? There is nothing private
7 in /usr, but /etc/ contains password files.
8
9 I have used a separate usr in the past to do it the other way round,
10 encrypted / but unencrypted /usr (to lower processor usage on a netbook)
11 but that requires an initramfs anyway.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Justify my text? I'm sorry but it has no excuse.