From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] netscape-flash masking
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 19:31:16
1 $ emerge -p netscape-flash
2
3 !!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "netscape-flash" have been masked.
4 !!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your
5 !!! request:
6 - net-www/netscape-flash-9.0.48.0 (masked by: package.mask)
7 # Olivier Crête <tester [at] gentoo [dot] org> (14 Jul 1007)
8 # We can't mirror. Different upstream mirrors have different versions
9 # and the tarballs are unversioned
10 # And the older versions are affected by critical remote security
11 # vulnerability
12 # See Gentoo bug #185141
13
14 -----
15
16 I emerged netscape-flash-9.0.48.0 before it was masked. I assume that
17 emerge got the correct tarball, else it would have been caught by the
18 checksum checking, and because about:plugins in Firefox says
19 "File name: libflashplayer.so Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48".
20
21 I guess I'm seeking reassurance that my understanding is correct, that
22 I have the version with the vulnerability fixed.
25 »Q«
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list