From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What to expect from emerge --newuse --emptytree world re: etc-update
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 03:06:20
1 On Wednesday 28 September 2005 04:39, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2 > I'm getting ready to dive into the apache2 install on my server.
3 > In preparation for this I needed things I wasn't using before like
4 > IMAP (see thread on web mail systems), MySQL, and ldap.
5 >
6 > Being the good little gentoo boy I updated my USE flags to include
7 > these and other settings that I plan to use but didn't have in before.
8 >
9 > And since my USE flags changed, I'm in the middle of doing the
10 > "emerge --newuse --emptytree world" (it's actually going quite well;
11 > out of 417 packages, only scotty failed due to some sandbox violations
12 > that I'm not worried about right now).
15 why the emptyworld?
16 when you change flags, --newuse world is enough.
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list