From: "Fatih Tümen" <fthtmn+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge --buildpkg --unmerge
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 16:48:14
1 Hi,
2
3 Is there a way tell portage to build binary package before removing it
4 from the system?
5
6 man emerge says:
7 --buildpkg (-b)
8 Tells emerge to build binary packages for all ebuilds
9 processed in addition to actually **merging** the packages.
10 [...]
11 An alternative for already-merged packages is to use
12 quickpkg(1) which creates a tbz2 from the live filesystem.
13
14 I have about 20 packages to unmerge or remerge with new use flags. But
15 I want to keep binary copies (with old use settings) before unmerging
16 them. Unfortunately I did not have buildpkg in FEATURES at the time of
17 emerging them. Doing this now by hand sounds kinda fatigue unless...
18 the output of --pretend was parsable so I do what I want by..
19
20 for pkg in ${PKGS}; do quickpkg --include-config\=y $pkg; done
21
22 or by something better?
23
24 Thanks for ideas in advance.