From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS and hp OfficeJet Pro
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:53:37
1 James wrote:
2 > Hello,
5 > I've successfully set up many printers, using cups and HPLIP
6 > before. I prefer to use CUPS.
9 > So I cannot find an explicit listing for this new model HP printer:
10 > "OfficeJet Pro 8500"; so I'm using this driver:
11 > HP OfficeJet Pro 1150C.
12 >
13 > Everything works, admin from localhost:631 for CUPS;
14 > HP printer admin from the embedded web server (very cool). It
15 > has a multitude of settings, but no duplex setting. I'm trying
16 > to avoid using the HP disc on an XP system for admin.......
19 > The HP literature clearly states this is a duplex printer.
20 > I can copy both sides of a letter size document to a single
21 > page, just using the menu on the printer. So I can see that
22 > it duplexes. So I'm concluding (for now) that the problem
23 > is the CUPS (best/closest I could choose) driver does not
24 > support Duplex printing.
27 > Does anyone know of an HP OfficeJet driver that supports
28 > duplex printing? I have not been successful in finding a
29 > CUPS drivers specifically for this printer:
30 > HP OfficeJet Pro (A909g) and I really do not want to use HPLIP.
33 > CUPS-1.4.2-r1 is installed.
34 > Any suggestions are most welcome.
35 >
36 > James
40 http://opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=400875#400875
41
42 About the third one down. Maybe that will help.
43
44 Dale
45