From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Firefox (Namoroka-3.6.8, actually) and Epiphany-2.31-r1 both fail to show captchas
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 20:29:49
1 On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 2:24 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On a number of websites, I've been unable to see the "captcha" that I need
3 > to complete my business.  Neither the image nor the response show up.
4 >
5 > Opera, on the other hand, works fine (as does IE on my Windoze laptop).
6 >
7 > For instance, I can register (it's free) with the NY Times, read an article
8 > (example: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/26/world/asia/26kabul.html) but if
9 > I try to email this to anyone using the link that appears on the page, I'm
10 > confronted with a dialog that should have a captcha and a box for my
11 > answer.  It does not appear, and I cannot proceed.
12
13 I can't try that page because it requires an account to email to
14 someone else. But, in general, my first suspects would be if you're
15 using NoScript or AdBlockPlus and perhaps they are not allowing the
16 javascript from the captcha service to run.