From: Yuan MEI <yuan.mei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Matlab under gentoo
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:07:54
Version 7.0.4.352 (R14) Service Pack 2,
when using mex, I got this error:

/usr/local/Matlab7/bin/glnx86/libmaple.so: symbol errno,
version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference.

seems a traditional problem with GLIBC_2.0

however, I cannot execute matlab with 'LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 matlab',
which causes:

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2:

I ever succeeded in this way under Redhat9.0 with matlab6.5,
but how to handle it under the up-to-date gentoo?

And I noticed many commercial programs such like Cadence PSD, which
have this problem no matter how 'new' their products are.  Why don't those
companies solve this problem in newly released products?
--
Yuan MEI