From: Mike Kazantsev <mk.fraggod@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sync'ed my ~x86 system yesterday and now resolver stopped working
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 22:32:26
1 On Thu, 28 May 2009 22:11:02 +0300
2 Timur Aydin <ta@××××××.org> wrote:
3
4 > I have synced my ~x86 system yesterday and after it completed, the
5 > resolver doesn't work for some programs anymore. For example, ping
6 > <hostname> says "unknown host name". It doesn't even contact the dns
7 > server, which is running on the same host. But dig <hostname> works
8 > fine. Also, using the IP address directly, I can access the internet.
9 >
10 > I am suspecting that the new glibc 2.10 is causing this. Anybody else
11 > having this issue?
12
13 Synced two ~x86 today and one more two days ago, but can't confirm the
14 issue - everything seem to be working fine.
15 All three are using nscd (part of glibc) to cache glibc requests,
16 but shutting it down doesn't seem to matter.
19 Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net