From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] packages.gentoo.org: Empty page
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 00:04:01
1 On Sunday, 16 February 2020 23:54:49 GMT Alexey Mishustin wrote:
2 > > > What was that?..
3 > >
4 > > Routing.
5 > >
6 > > You can try httping next time to see what hops it follows and where it
7 > > fails.
8 > As far as I understand, that "Empty page" was served by Gentoo server,
9 > there was a link to the main Gentoo page. And if it was a routing
10 > issue, I would not get a response of Gentoo server.
11
12 Do you know for sure it was a Gentoo server? Did you get an IP address and
13 run a whois query on it?
14
15 It could have been some load balancing/reverse proxy issue gone wrong at the
16 server farm or something similar at the time you tried to connect, but yet
17 again it could be some DNS poisoning problem.
18 --
19 Regards,
20
21 Mick