From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pam fixed now it's tcpdump
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:44:29
1 On Thursday 31 January 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > --- Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > startkde is not in your $PATH. It's normal location
4 > > is
5 > >
6 > > /usr/kde/3.5/bin/startkde
7 > >
8 > > Either use an explicit full path to the binary or
9 > > update your PATH
10 >
11 > Actually, startkde doe not exist on my machine.
12 > Probably cause I'm in the midst of upgrading kde via
13 > -uD world and having a rough time of it ;(
14
15 It's installed by kdebase-startkde
16
17 I you use the -meta kde packages, get it by emerging kdebase-meta (I
18 can't think of a reason why anyone wouldn't want all of kdebase so
19 there's no need to emerge startkde explicitly)
20
21 If you use the monolithic kde packages then emerge kdebase.
22
23 If you want all of kde, then emerge kdebase or kdebase-meta as
24 appropriate and when it's done, startkde will be present
27 Alan McKinnon
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29 --
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list