From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 20:54:44
1 On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:22, "CR Little" <crlittle@××××××××××.com>
2 wrote about '[gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question':
3 > I'm having a problem with LVM.
4 >
5 > I setup a volume group it had 5.91G in Free PE/Size now states 0/0
6 > I have a logical volume inside that I tried to extend
7 > It now states 10.91 GB for LV Size. This lv is mounted to /home when I
8 > ran lvextend -L+5.91G /dev/vg/home it extended the lv but when you run
9 > df-h it doesn't show an increased size.
10 >
11 > /dev/mapper/vg-home 5.0G 1.6G 3.2G 33% /home
12 >
13 > Apparently I missed a step and can't find any information on how to fix
14 > this. Doesn't it need to know how to format and add the LV extention?
15
16 That's an easy one. But an easy thing to miss, especially if you are new.
17
18 df reports the free space on the /filesystem/
19 lvextend changes the size of the /block device/
20
21 Now that your block device is bigger, you need to extend the filesystem to
22 use that new space.
23
24 What filesystem are you using?
25
26 Also, in the future, I believe EVMS can do this all with one command and
27 there is a nice ncurses interface.
30 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
31 bss03@××××××××××.com
32 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy