From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo 2006.1 profile and use flag changes
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 17:48:00
1 > I have already stated that I don't think that such a thing exists. Now what I
2 > do is to not change my profile before
3 >
4 > # emerge -uvpDNt
5 >
6 > doesn't what to emerge anything. Then immediately after changing the profile
7 > I run the same command again and that makes it quite clear which use flags
8 > changed... If I disagree with any of the changes I revert it via USE=
9 > in /etc/make.conf.
10 >
11 > Some quick scripting, however, shows that the difference between 2006.0 and
12 > 2006.1/desktop is as follows:
13 >
14 > In 2006.0 but not in 2006.1/desktop:
15 > apache2 apm foomaticdb gtk2 imlib libwww motif xmms
16 >
17 > In 2006.1/desktop but not in 2006.0:
18 > cairo cdr dbus dvd dvdr fam firefox hal ldap nptlonly ppds unicode win32codecs
19
20 Sorry for posting so late to my own thread. I just wanted to know why
21 these changes were applied and if this is documented somewhere, but this
22 does not seem to be the case?
23
24 So as usual did my emerge -uDN world then switched to the new profile
25 and run a emerge -pvuND world again. I looked at the output and where i
26 did not agree with the output i changed this in /etc/make.conf or
27 /etc/portage/package.use.
28
29 Thanks for all your commnts,
30