From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What's the best way to force a particular version of a dependency
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 21:45:01
1 On 2020-06-07 23:37, Dale wrote:
2 > J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >>
4 >> You need to add "-1" or "--oneshot".
5 >>
6 >> As this has been used, I would definitely expect the world-file to be full of this, causing issues with updates later.
7 >>
8 >> Also, by restricting to @system, any packages not in @system with a restriction on readline V8 will cause the mentioned problem.
9 >>
10 >> @system is, for me, a lasr resort, but I tend to move my world file away (rename) and put it back once @system is done and a depclean finished. This is usually only needed after not updating for a while and/or big changes in the tree.
11 >>
12 >> --
13 >> Joost
16 > Would OP posting the world file help?  I'm sure some of us could
17 > recognize things that shouldn't be there and could help clean it up.
18 > Things with a specific version should be given a hard look.
19 >
20 > Dale
21 >
25 That would be a fantastic opportunity, but I'm not sure when tomorrow
26 the update will be done  ;-)