From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: Re: KWallet doesn't recognise my password
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 13:05:26
1 Mick wrote:
2
3 > On Wednesday 14 Dec 2016 09:08:11 Jörg Schaible wrote:
4 >> Mick wrote:
5 >> > On Tuesday 13 Dec 2016 11:35:33 Jörg Schaible wrote:
6 >> [snip]
7 >>
8 >> >> No, that's the point: If you enable it, all kwallet-4 based apps will
9 >> >> fail. At least until 5.7. I've not tested 5.8 yet.
10 >> >>
11 >> >> Cheers,
12 >> >> Jörg
13 >> >
14 >> > This is what works here without any problems:
15 >> [snip]
16 >>
17 >> Well, for me it broke KDE4-based apps on several different machines. So,
18 >> tell me, can you open with Konqueror local files?
19 >>
20 >> Cheers,
21 >> Jörg
22 >
23 > Yes, I can open files from Konqueror with a single click, unlike Dolphin
24 > which requires a double click to descent into a directory or open a file.
25
26 Well, for me it broke on several machines for all KDE 4 based apps (e.g.
27 Konqueror) the file protocol (Konqueror only show an error page about an
28 unknown protocol 'file') and the FileOpen dialog no longer works (you cannot
29 open/save files in those apps using the default dialog, e.g. libreoffice,
30 amarok, ...).
31
32 As soon as I deactivate kwallet-pam, all apps start working properly.
33
34 Cheers,
35 Jörg