From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Joiniong of mp3-files without decoding them (comletely) ???
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 03:15:52
1 Hi Nikos !
2
3 ...thanks a lot for you help ! :)
4 This was my first attempt also...but what happens to the
5 ID3tags? Doesn't the resulting file looks like this afterwards
6
7 <id3tag><mp3data><id3tag><mp3data>
8
9 ?
10
11 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> [09-08-07 05:05]:
12 > On 08/07/2009 05:53 AM, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
13 > >
14 > >Hi,
15 > >
16 > > is there a tool available via Gentoo portage/emerge, whith which
17 > > I can concatenate/join mp3-files without decoding them completely
18 > > before or by only decoding the miliseconds before and after the
19 > > joining point ?
20 >
21 > You can simply cat them together:
22 >
23 > cat 1.mp3 2.mp3 > joined.mp3
24 >
25 > This will result in joined.mp3 being a bit-perfect concatenation of
26 > 1.mp3 and 2.mp3.
27 >
28 > You can also do this with *.ogg (Ogg Vorbis audio) files. The file
29 > format of mp3 and ogg and designed to make this possible.
33 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
34 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
35 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
36 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.