From: Hal Martin <hal.martin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RAM upgrade, kernel and swap
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:38:28
1 Well this machine supposedly supports up to 8GB of RAM so I can only
2 assume that it doesn't map the pci-space to there. But I wonder, will
3 enabling the higher RAM limit really open up more RAM? The BIOS detects
4 all 4096MB, but Grub only lists 3.6GB.
5
6 AFAIK your machine can only use as much RAM as the bootloader detects, no?
9 -Hal