From: Dietrich Moerman <dietrich.moerman@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] initrd for LVM no longer works
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:15:47
1 In the mean time, I also tried to build a manual initrd containing all the tools and commands in linuxrc I need to activate LVM volumes. But the problem remains, the kernel boots but when initrd is extracted and mounted everything seems to go wrong, and the system again stops giving "Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found".
2
3 I have ran out of ideas, I guess this must be the most bizarre Linux related problem I have ever encountered.
4
5 Any ideas are still welcome. If the problems remains, I guess I'll have to ditch LVM and go back to regular partitions which don't need an initrd to boot from.
9 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list