From: lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Now Signing Messages
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 18:42:26
1 I did some homework, did some Google searches, and figured out how to sign my
2 email with Kgpg. I configured KMail, during which I came to the conclusion
3 that spamassassin needs to be left serverside - importing ~8,000 messages
4 from GMail while spamassassin tried to scan them all was an absolute
5 nightmare which ultimately involved emerge --unmerge spamassassin.
6
7 Anyways, since it's totally impractical to try and get all of you people to a
8 formal key signing, I'm hoping you'll take my word for this and trust that
9 this key which I sign my message with now is THE key I intend to use for as
10 long as I can get away with. Hopefully this will help with that total nut
11 case who was impersonating my email!
12
13 Just a follow-up on that guy. I think that he's a spammer, testing his
14 capability at phishing by spoofing off of other people's domains and their
15 email. My best guess is that he picked me as a target, since I am a rather
16 salient participant in many mailing lists, just to make sure he could
17 properly spoof off of other domains, thus allowing him to do more sinister
18 things than try and make me to a double-take when I find something that looks
19 like I emailed it to myself in my inbox!
20
21 Thanks for your patience in this matter, and I hope that we can all continue
22 to work towards a web where we don't need spamassassin or gpg. I know I am.

OpenPGP key 0xE7FEF563D5ED6EAAB8E749631DC3558B8F22D39E application/pgp-keys