From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT???
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 03:39:41
1 Hi all,
2 Can someone point me toward somehow enabling CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT?
3 It is apparently a kernel config option no required by
4 virtualbox-drivers but I'm not finding it in the 3.0.3 kernel. I
5 suspect there's something else I need to enable before this option
6 becomes available? Unfortunately I haven't been able to Google what I
7 need to do to find it.
8
9 Thanks,
10 Mark
11
12 * Messages for package app-emulation/virtualbox-modules-4.1.2:
13
14 * CONFIG_IOMMU_SUPPORT: is not set when it should be.
15 * Please check to make sure these options are set correctly.
16 * Failure to do so may cause unexpected problems.
17 <SNIP>
18
19 k2 linux # cat .config | grep IOMMU
20 CONFIG_GART_IOMMU=y