From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dell PowerEdge 750 problem
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 14:49:37
1 On Thursday 10 April 2008, Amar Cosic wrote:
2 > Actually hell.. Dont know what to do. I am tryng to setup Gentoo on
3 > this server all the day and whatever I try there is no luck. I used
4 > genkernel andd Lilo and whenever I try to boot from HD I got:
5 >
6 > Block device /dev/sda3 is not valid root device...
7 > Could not find the root block device in.
8
9 You have not compiled all the needed drivers into the kernel. You'll
10 need drivers for your chipset, the scsi stuff and libata.
11
12 Try google, this has been asked and answered hundreds of times this year
13 alone.
17 Alan McKinnon
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list