From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge -D pulling in more than it should these days?!
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 20:50:11
1 On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:20:52 -0700, Daevid Vincent wrote:
2
3 > I'm no expert by any stretch, I just noticed that it was acting
4 > different and as illustrated, I could prove it. Perhaps I misunderstood
5 > what --deep was for. I guess I thought it was the package and any
6 > dependencies that NEEDED upgrade for the package to work.
7
8 It updates any packages for which an upgraded is available. If the upgrade
9 is needed, portage will do it without --deep.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 The man who dies with the most toys is dead.