From: Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] When did bzImage move?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 01:17:47
1 >Basically I build the kernel using make && make modules_install and
2 >then copy the kernel by hand
3
4 Good god. So I'm not alone in being a dumbass :)
5 And I was getting really worried that I had made a fool of myself by
6 posting earlier and admitting my 'stupidity' ;)
7
8 Coming from debian, with all that fancy 'make-kpkg'-stuff and not
9 finding any particular extensive instructions among the gentoo docs
10 regarding the nature of kernel building and version handling, I just
11 went the 'by hand route', assuming it was the 'gentoo way'.
12
13 Seeing I'm not alone, maybe the documentation should be changed to make
14 this (non)-issue a tad clearer. Or maybe it actually is, and I just
15 missed something...
18 Tom