From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg on really old PC
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 03:11:18
1 On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 12:13:20AM +0200, François-Xavier CARTON wrote
2 >
3 > I've searched on the Gentoo wiki, and found that I should use an old
4 > version of mesa (<8.0) to get OpenGL support [1].
5
6 Given the inter-connectedness of linux libraries, you're not going to
7 get an ancient version of mesa to work with a new Gentoo install.
8 Forget about OpenGL and undo the masks.
9
10 Another option might be to set...
11
12 VIDEO_CARDS="fbdev"
13
14 ...in make.conf, and use the xf86-video-fbdev driver and see if that
15 works.
16
17 --
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications