From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia and optimus
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 11:08:23
1 On Tuesday, December 16, 2014 02:12:06 PM behrouz khosravi wrote:
2 > Hello everyone.
3 > I was trying to get native optimus support for my laptop using the Nvidia
4 > driver, but after startx the screen goes black for some several seconds and
5 > xserver exits.
6 > The output messages are attached.
7 > I just added a dot to end of xorg.conf and .xinitrc to bypass it for now.
8 > Thanks for your time.
9
10 Did you install and configure Bumblebee?
11
12 I haven't configured anything special myself and got it working following the
13 official documentation:
14
15 http://bumblebee-project.org/install.html#Gentoo
16 ****
17 emerge bumblebee
18
19 After installation completes, add yourself to the "bumblebee" group to enable
20 use of the optirun command. You will have to re-login for group changes to
21 take effect.
22 ****
25 Joost