From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Konqueror and javascript
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 22:12:43
1 On 22/06/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 6/22/06, Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > > After upgrading to kde 3.5.2, I noticed that simply going to
4 > > http://www.microsoft.com :-) crashed konqueror consistently even on
5 > > different machines.
6 >
7 > Hmm, I didn't seem to have such issues running 3.5.2 (now 3.5.3.).
8 > What do you have under "Browser Identification" for Konqueror
9 > configuration? This can have an effect as to what javascript a web
10 > site sends to your browser to execute, and what it expects your
11 > browser/platform to be capable of.
12
13 Still running 3.5.2 and can confirm that the M$ bug works flawlessly ;-)
14
15 However, if you go to Browser Identification tab and untick the box
16 "Add operating system name" it does not crash anymore.
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick
20 --