From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kbackup and dvd sized slices
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 20:59:20
1 Arttu V. wrote:
2 > On 6/28/09, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mine will only let me type in 3 numbers. Examples: 300 or 600 It will
5 >> not accept Gb or anything over 999
8 > Try something starting with a '3', you should be able to feed in four
9 > numbers. Anything starting with a four or greater will only get three
10 > numbers here as well. Weird, there must a limiter somewhere in the
11 > source code itself ...
12 >
13 > (Moments later; suggested background soundtrack: Homer Simpson saying
14 > repeatedly "d'oh!") Yes, it is actually limited in the
15 > SettingsDialog.cxx code itself:
16 >
17 > maxSliceSize = new QSpinBox( groupBox2, "maxSliceSize" );
18 > maxSliceSize->setEnabled( TRUE );
19 > maxSliceSize->setMaxValue( 4096 );
20 > maxSliceSize->setMinValue( 0 );
23 > Can you patch that yourself to have a suitably big number where it
24 > says 4096? I have no idea what might break, but that's where the limit
25 > comes from. ebuild unpack and see for yourself in
26 > /var/tmp/portage/app-backup/kbackup-0.5.4-r1/work/kbackup-0.5.4/src/SettingsDialog.cxx,
27 > line 62 ... :)
31 Ahhh, so it isn't just me. That's cool. I'm not sure about editing
32 anything tho. I tend to break stuff. I'm just wanting to really fill
33 up a DVD is all.
34
35 I wonder why they changed that? Confusing.
36
37 Dale
38