From: Mark Kirkwood <markir@××××××××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] TERM=Eterm unknown now?
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2007 22:15:07
1 Uwe Klosa wrote:
2 > You have to run emerge -av1 ncurses. This fixes the problem.
3 >
4 > Cheers
5 > Uwe
6 >
7 > Mark Kirkwood wrote:
8 >> I've just run into this after an emerge:
9 >>
10 >> Using Eterm 0.9.4 from a remote host to my Gentoo box:
11 >>
12 >> $ clear
13 >> 'Eterm': unknown terminal type.
14 >>
15 >> I can work around this by amending .bash_profile to set TERM to
16 >> 'xterm' if it is currently 'Eterm' - but I'm curious as to why or what
17 >> has removed 'Eterm' from the termcap database (or similar).
20 Thanks - performed the emerge and indeed it is fixed.
21
22 Mark
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list