From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Scary Paritioning - Need Help
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 00:07:10
1 This isn't exactly Gentoo-related, however, you guys tend to be the
2 most command-line savvy group, and this is all about the command line
3 at the moment...
4
5 I have three partitions on my workstation's hard drive.
6
7 /dev/sda1 = ntfs (windows)
8 /dev/sda3 = linux-swap
9 /dev/sda4 = ext3 (SuSE 10.1)
10
11 Where sda2 should be used to be and XFS partition for Kubuntu.
12
13 My question is thus: how would I tack that free space onto sda4? I
14 don't want to reinstall SuSE if I don't have to.
15
16 Throwing out an educated guess, do I have to delete sda3, and then
17 make sda4 bigger, leaving enough space for sda5 (linux-swap)?
18
19 I'm just throwing that idea out there, 'cause I don't know.
20
21 I'm using a Kubuntu Live-CD, for those who might ask. I considered a
22 Gentoo live-cd, but I couldn't find any copies so I was sort of stuck.
23
24 Thanks for any help!
28 GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
29 L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
30 V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
31 DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
32 ========= END GCv3.12 ========
33 --
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list