From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with new glibc and libnss
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:28:57
1 On 9/18/06, Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Well there is a known issue [1] with udev and rules that contain
3 > non-local or undefined users/groups. If your friend's machine is
4 > stable only, then it probably has udev-087, and it looks like 098
5 > should have a fix. So your friend might want to try the ~amd64
6 > version of udev, and also make sure to upgrade to the very latest
7 > version of baselayout (1.12.5).
8
9 Hello, RIchard.
10 I just rechecked everything here, and it doesn't seem to be an udev
11 issue, because when I have 'mysql files' at nsswitch.conf, I get an
12 assertion error not only from udev, but also from a simple ls.
13 So, the problem is not "fixed" here. I had to change my functionality
14 to have it working (i.e. changing the way authentication info is
15 looked). So, if I need to have mysql lookups before files, I don't
16 have a way now unless I do an even uglier hack and make it change
17 itself on local.start :)
18 I don't experience timeouts, instead I just get glibc assertion errors:
19
20 Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-open.c: 604: _dl_open: Assertion
21 `_dl_debug_initialize (0, args.nsid)->r_state == RT_CONSISTENT'
22 failed!
23
24 In the past, glibc wouldn't complain to leave things unresolved. The
25 problems started now that it started to give these assertion failures.
26
27 Thank you for your help.
30 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>
31 http://www.lustosa.net/