From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question for users of the Firefox browser
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:53:08
1 On 05/18/2015 02:07 PM, Gevisz wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 May 2015 06:26:31 +0100 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Monday 18 May 2015 02:56:43 Daniel Frey wrote:
5 >>> On 05/17/2015 02:54 PM, Mick wrote:
6 >>>>> Chromium now selects the whole URL when you click in the address bar.
7 >>>>> I'm not sure when it started doing this but it was quite recently.
8 >>>>
9 >>>> This is not a problem at all, because this address bar auto-highlighting
10 >>>> in Chromium does not take over the system clipboard. When I click once
11 >>>> it selects the whole address and I can delete it, before I middle click
12 >>>> to insert whatever was in the clipboard.
13 >>>>
14 >>>> As has already been commented, this won't work with FF, which replaces
15 >>>> the clipboard when I necessarily double click to select the content of
16 >>>> the address bar.
17 >>>
18 >>> I didn't even know Firefox had this behaviour when clicking the address
19 >>> bar, because it's something I never do.
20 >>>
21 >>> I usually use Alt+D on the keyboard, it moves the caret to the location
22 >>> bar and highlights its text, and I just checked, it doesn't touch the
23 >>> clipboard.
24 >>>
25 >>> Dan
26 >>
27 >> Useful tip! I didn't know about Alt+D, thanks for sharing. :-)
28 >
29 > The same does Ctrl-L.
34 Thanks to all those who commented. The Alt D & Alt L were good ones,
35 but I took Pauls advice and had a look at the config, which worked a
36 treat. In turn I might have a look at fixing the bug that Bruce mentioned.
37
38 Regards,
39 Andrew