From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: DVD Movie backups
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 21:21:36
1 On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 3:09 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 12/17/2011 03:26 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
5 >> Do you know of any way to read a DVD that was created on a Mac of some
6 >> sort?
9 > I'm fuzzy on the details, but Apple has/had its own filesystems named HFS
10 > and HFSplus.  I'm guessing that data disks burned with a Mac will use HFS,
11 > but I don't know about movie/audio disks.  You can enable HFS support in
12 > kernel menuconfig.
13
14 The dead-easy way to tell would be to insert the disc, and then run
15
16 file -s /dev/cdrom
17
18 (or /dev/dvd, or /dev/sr0, or /dev/whatever...)
19 --
20 :wq