From: Paul Klos <gentoo@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question for users of the Firefox browser
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 09:39:41
1 Op zondag 17 mei 2015 13:52:21 schreef Andrew Lowe:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I've been using Firefox for ages and something struck me recently as a
4 > bit odd. In the Windows version, if I click up into the address or
5 > search boxes, the existing contents are highlighted and if I begin
6 > typing, the existing text is deleted and what I'm typing becomes the
7 > contents. On the Linux version, under KDE, it doesn't. I have to click
8 > into the appropriate edit box, highlight the contents and start typing
9 > or hit either home/end and then start deleting before typing my new URL.
10 > If, for example, the existing text happens to be a google search string,
11 > this can be quite a bit of text to delete.
12 >
13 > So my question, I suppose, is multipart:
14 >
15 > 1) Is this by design? Is this the normal behaviour?
16 >
17 > 2) Have I set a USE flag wrong somewhere that causes this behaviour?
18 >
19 > 3) How do people get around the problem I mentioned above regarding long
20 > URL's, such as a Google search results?
21 >
22 > Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
23 >
24 > Andrew
25 >
26 Hi Andrew,
27
28 You might be interested in these settings (from about:config):
29
30 browser.urlbar.clickSelectsAll
31 browser.urlbar.doubleClickSelectsAll
32
33 You can configure what happens when you click in the address bar.
34
35 I have no idea why the defaults on win/linux are different, though,
36
37 Cheers,
38
39 Paul