From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} cdrdao's toc2cue question
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:54:36
1 >> > Why do you like to create a cue file anyway?
2 >> >
3 >> > Cdda2wav splits the data at the right location and it icludes the paranoia code.
4 >>
5 >> I read a comparison where somebody ripped a CD with cdrdao and a
6 >> couple other tools and then burned the images back to CDs and compared
7 >> the CDs, and cdrdao was the only one that ended up with being
8 >> indistinguishable from the original as reported by the tool he used.
9 >
10 > There have been several tests that show up that cdda2wav/cdrecord are
11 > the best choice - even compared with Win32 programs.
12
13 Can you point me toward any of those?
14
15 >> I want to create a cue file because it's required for converting the
16 >> CD image to FLAC with the flac command. I'm actually not interested
17 >> in burning CDs, FLAC files only.
18 >
19 > Mmm I see no reason why there should be a need for a cue sheet just to do a
20 > simple compression.
21
22 If not the flac command then cuebreakpoints. Is there a way to split
23 a FLAC file with a toc file?
24
25 - Grant