From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ati or Nvida
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:27:42
1 On Wednesday 18 June 2008, Bill Roberts wrote:
2 > This is my first time replying to a thread using gmail, so I apologize
3 > in advance if It ends up on the wrong end of the thread.
4 >
5 > There seems to be a big change coming in graphics: Intel is coming out
6 > towards the end of the year with a motherboard with integrated
7 > graphics that will be competitive with the graphics provided by nvidia
8 > and ati cards.
9
10 no, intel is saying that.
11
12 And honestly, intel is the master of fud and preannouncing vaporware. They
13 have a long history of announcing stuff that never came into existance, was
14 delayed for YEARS or went away after some examples for the media.
15
16 The last time intel produced a 'competetive' graphics solution it was the i740
17 ... not very competetive at all.
18
19 So as long as intel does not show the boards I just don't believe them.
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list