From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Initial console messages garbled
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:54:41
1 On 2020.06.24 12:39, Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > I posted about this on the Gentoo forums (see [1]) but didn't get any
3 > response so I'll try my luck here! The post explains everything but.
4 > briefly, normally when I boot a kernel I initially get some messages
5 > in a large clunky font, and then the frame-buffer module loads and
6 > everything is hi-res and fills the entire monitor. On my new box the
7 > first messages are video-static until the frame-buffer takes over. I
8 > have an error in a new root partition I have built and need to read
9 > those messages! What of all the numerous parameters in various places
10 > should I try tweaking?
11 >
12 > Thanks
13 > Robin
14 >
15 > 1. http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1114668-highlight-.html
16
17 I can't answer your question, but I can suggest that you start a new
18 thread with a new message, not replying to an old message, even if you
19 do change the subject. Many email readers thread discussions using
20 internal message headers, not just subject, so it increases the chance
21 your message may not be seen by someone who can answer.
22
23 Jack