From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Find root partition
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 18:17:05
1 Matthias Fechner writes:
2
3 > I switched now to a new mainboard and it seems that the drive numbering
4 > changed or my kernel does not detect any hard disks...
5 > If I try to boot my gentoo the kernel panic because it cannot find the
6 > root partition.
7 >
8 > After the panic I cannot scroll up to check what drives are detected and
9 > which numbering is used. What must I do to be able to scroll up to see
10 > what is logged to the screen?
11 > (is there maybe a special key available, the shift+page-up and scroll is
12 > not working)
13
14 I don't think that's possible. But maybe adding a 'vga=ask' to the boot
15 parameters gives you enough lines without need to scroll?
16
17 Wonko