From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cannot find entrance!
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:22:16
1 On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > This is the first time I am dabbling with layman. So it is likely I have made
3 > some noob mistake, which I hope you can help me discover.
4 >
5 > I have installed layman-1.3.3 and then added the enlightenment overlay. I
6 > have also added the snapshot keywords for enlightenment:
7 >
8 > # ls -l /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords
9 > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 64 May 18 21:28
10 > /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords ->
11 > /var/lib/layman/enlightenment/scripts/package.keywords.snapshots
12 >
13 > entrance is unmasked in there:
14 >
15 > # cat /etc/portage/package.keywords/enlightenment.keywords | grep entrance
16 > x11-misc/entrance ~*
17 >
18 > However, although I can see enlightenment, I have no success with entrance:
19 >
20 > # emerge -upDv entrance
21 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
22 >
23 > Calculating dependencies... done!
24 >
25 > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "entrance".
28 > What am I missing? Please ask for supporting info as you need it.
29
30 entrance no longer exists in the overlay, looks like it is gone for good:
34 Timestamp:
35 02/28/10 14:01:41 (3 months ago)
36 Author:
37 tommy
38 Message:
39
40 x11-misc/ entrance: Remove entrance: old and unmaintained, there
41 is currently a rewrite from scratch planned, but no ETA