From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde:3.5 how to phase out
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 10:04:49
1 On 5/12/09, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to phase out KDE:3.5. One reason is, that I cannot install
5 > both, 3.5 and 4.2 without using 'prefix'.
6 >
7 > For doing so, I need to find out which (installed) packages use which
8 > parts of KDE:3.5. Is there something better than unmerge all of KDE:3.5
9 > and let revdep-rebuild find out.
10 >
11 > Furthermore, how to unmerge all of KDE:3.5, e.g.
12 > emerge --unmerge kde-base/kde-meta:3.5
13 > does not work.
14
15 Some of your questions are answered here, right on the top (I hope I
16 link to the up-to-date version and not the outdated one):
17
18 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/kde4-guide.xml
19 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/kde/
20
21 I don't know if my advice beyond those links is of any use as I did it
22 all the "wrong" way -- didn't unmerge previous kde, just unmasked the
23 new kde versions, didn't use sets, still have USE="-kdeprefix" etc.
24 Still, sky didn't fall on me, at least not until I unmasked the
25 then-unstable xorg 1.5 ...
28 Arttu V.